GRIFFIN, Georgia – Whether you are planning to put your home on the market or are just looking for cost effective ways to increase your home’s curb appeal or its value, landscaping is key. Real Estate experts report that mature trees and a well-landscaped yard can increase your home’s value by 10-25%. Poorly landscaped homes actually detract value from that home. Here are some ways to start making your landscaping work for you:
- Critical is the tidy, well-maintained lawn. Patchy and/or bald-spotted lawns are screaming for help. They need regular seeding, aerating and fertilizing. Mow it regularly and during peak growing season but never cut away more than a third of the blade each time you mow.
- Invest in a larger tree. Mature trees add significant value as they provide shade, privacy and major aesthetic appeal.
- Always stay on top of pruning, but avoid over-pruning your shrubs into ball or square shapes.
- Keep beds weeded and mulched for that neat, tidy look.
- Be consistent about weeding in between pavers and concrete cracks.
- Keep your lawn clutter-free. No unused children’s play toys, empty plant containers or junk about.
- Plant annuals for colors that will last all season.
- Always sweep your porch and deck or patio. Power-wash all surfaces if necessary.
For people who specialize in landscaping tailored to sell your home in Georgia, give me a call and I can provide you with a list of my trusted providers.